Nov 29 Process Update
The four health systems chosen as finalists in the Indian River Medical Center partnership selection process will make public presentations next week at IRMC.
Representatives from Orlando Health, HCA, Adventist Health System, and Cleveland Clinic will make the presentations to members of the IRMC Board of Directors, the Indian River County Hospital District Board of Trustees, and interested members of the public in which they will discuss how they propose to help advance healthcare in the county through a partnership with IRMC.
The four finalists were selected November 17 during separate meetings of each board after reviewing proposals from eight health systems. The two boards are proactively working together in seeking a partner for IRMC to assure that it has the resources to continue delivering high-quality healthcare to residents of Indian River County for years to come.
Here is the schedule for the public presentations, which will be held in Med A & B at IRMC:
- Tuesday, December 5, 3:30-6 p.m., Orlando Health
- Thursday, December 7, 3:30-6 p.m., HCA
- Friday, December 8, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Adventist Health System
- Saturday, December 9, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Cleveland Clinic
Representatives from the four health systems will also conduct due diligence during their visits.
In the weeks following the presentations:
- Members of the IRMC Board and the Hospital District Board will visit the finalists to conduct due diligence.
- Second-round proposals will be received and Juniper Advisory, the strategic financial advisor for the process, will provide information to members of both boards reviewing the proposals and discussing the due diligence conducted by both boards.
Each board will use the information gained through these steps to evaluate each finalist and its proposal, and each board will then determine which, if any, to pursue.